07/29/2011 // Stanhope, NJ, United States // Capitol Care
Capitol Care, Inc., a New Jersey behavioral health care provider, recently introduced Adolescent Addiction Services for youths aged 13-17 who need treatment for alcohol and substance abuse.
The program provides a number of services including individual, family and group counseling, early recovery skills, anger management and social support services. In addition, it offers interactive discussions and activities for individuals served.
Capitol Care offers several treatment options. Levels range from one hour of outpatient treatment one day per week to three hours, three days a week based on an individual’s needs. Individuals wishing to utilize the program’s services must complete a comprehensive bio-psych-social assessment before the frequency of treatment is determined.
“I was very pleased with Capitol Care’s adolescent addiction program. The staff was very professional and well-organized,” said the grandfather of a teen patient. “My grandson’s counselor was more than cooperative with him to get him on the right track.”
A clinical team of licensed professionals including case managers, psychiatrists and clinicians ensure the program is carried out in accordance with Capitol Care’s principles and structure. Program hours of operation run Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 3:30-6:30 p.m.
For more information about this program, visit Capitol Care at www.capitolcare.org or call 973-426-1440.
See the original press release:
Addictions help in is available for adolescent substance abuse NJ. If you believe your teen needs to overcome his or her substance abuse or dependency, or you are just not able to determine if something is going on, it may be time to turn to experts for help. As a parent, you may know that your child is going through numerous changes as a teen. It is part of life. However, it is clear that in some cases, those changes are not natural and are being caused by abuse or dependency on a substance you know is not good for them. But, sometimes it can be hard to see when there is a problem and when the symptoms are just normal teen behavior. When you are not sure, you can turn to Capitol Care, Inc., for more information and for substance use help. To start, here are some thoughts.
Adolescents are growing and changing but the possibility of suffering from substance abuse NJ is very real. It is something that affects all types of kids, from the smartest kids to those that are just scraping by. Consider the following warning signs you should take action for whenever you notice them occurring in your child.
· Your teen has emotional changes that keep the child persistently sad or feeling hopeless.
· The child cries suddenly and often without any noticeable reason.
· The child is displaying behavior that is not normal to them and may be bizarre. This includes rambling speech or having a tantrum. In some cases, the child may become paranoid about things that never bothered them previously.
· The child may develop phobias. This may include fears that do not seem logical and may seem to be exaggerated.
· There are often changes that occur at the school level, too. This includes a drop in school performance or interests in extracurricular activities.
· You may notice that the child is isolating him or herself, even if he or she was an active child with many friends. Often, they may begin to introduce new friends, who may or may not be a good influence on them. The child may threaten to hurt themselves . They may have a harder time expressing themselves, and when they do it may done in a violent, depressing, or agitated manner. Sometimes, they may be unreasonable and hard to understand.
· The child may make significant changes to his or her appearance. This may include getting tattoos or body piercings, or wearing a different style of clothing. Look for things that are out of the ordinary.
If you notice signs like this in your child, it becomes critical for you to take action. Of course, try to talk to them first. It is normal for teens to experiment with their appearance and to be going through mood swings. But be smart about when it seems dangerous or hurtful to them or to others, Capitol Care, Inc., an addictions treatment provider in NJ can help you to give your child the help and reassurance needed. Substance abuse is not something to turn a blind eye to, even if it is just starting. It is something to take action with now, so that you get a better outcome from treatment and help.
Supported housing for those with developmental disabilities in New Jersey is a good option and it has proven itself worth its weight in gold. For those who are hoping to find a solution for a loved one, realize that there are misconceptions out there regarding supported housing. This article will explain the benefits of supported housing, as well as showing how residents have found comfort and happiness in this scenario. If you are weary about supported housing for your loved one, this article should be helpful in setting the record straight.
What is this service and how can it help you? Look at some of the clear benefits it offers as well as how the misconceptions around it are simply false.
1. Some picture the facility as being a hospital like setting. This is not how it is. Rather, all clinical services are kept in a separate facility rather than in the housing units. The focus of the home is on peace of mind, health, and well-beomg.
2. This is not a temporary solution. Rather, this is a long term, permanent solution for residents. In some cases, the resident holds the lease on the property or owns the unit itself. This means that they can remain there as long as they like, with the same level of permanence anyone else would have as a tenant or a property owner.
3. The housing is affordable. A common misconception is that this type of housing scenario is just too expensive for the average person. This is not the case. Rather, there are subsidies that can be accessed to reduce the expenses.
4. The housing is not tucked away in a place that is hard to get to or that excludes these individuals from the rest of the world. Rather, the housing is a part of the local community, therefore making it a realistic and effective option. In New Jersey, people with developmental disabilities can live a life of involvement in their community, alongside other types of housing.
5. The services provided are offered to the individual at their or their family’s discretion. They are not mandated to them. This gives individuals far more control and a sense of power in their life.
6. There are support services available that are flexible. These are voluntary. More so, they are individualized to meet the needs for the individual rather than a group as a whole.
7. The resident, their family and the treatment team are all involved in the process of choosing the housing. This is critical to helping the individual to feel as if he or she is in charge of their future.
8. No staff lives on site. This means more affordability and more sense of ownership for the individual.
9. There is always help available. In some residential facilities, staff is on-site 27 hours a day, 7 days a week while others are simply a phone call away.
10. This is a happy situation filled with opportunities and options.
Capitol Care ensures that the patient gets the help he or she needs to achieve goals and to live a healthy, long life. In New Jersey, supportive housing options for those with developmental disabilities are not as limited as you may believe that they are. That makes a difference. Contact Capitol Care for more information and to determine if supported housing is the right choice for you.
Specialists at New Jersey mental health center Capitol Care do not focus on just the patient but also on the family involved. If you have a loved one that has a substance abuse problem, it can be incredibly limiting and discouraging for you, too. You make personal sacrifices they could never understand and many family members are left with psychological scars as a result. However, there is help available. The key is to know who to turn to and what to expect.
If you are a caregiver to someone with any type of addictive behavior or mental health limitation, it is likely that you are struggling with problems such as high stress levels, depressive symptoms, your own substance abuse and self blame. A study recently from Concordia University says that this is common, but that there is a way for you to learn to cope. The key is to learn to refocus your priorities and to reduce the load you take on.
Those who are caregivers to those who have a mental illness often are more burdened within their own lives than those people who are caregivers to dementia patients. In every situation, the caregiver is likely to see improvements to their life if they can adjust their goals and use improved coping strategies to manage these limitations. This helps you to become more resilient and to develop better methods for coping with your emotional wellbeing. Reduce the number of goals and tasks you must take on and work to improve the underlying cause of the problem -reach out for help and seek out ways to do for you, too.
There Is Help in New Jersey Mental Health Providers
The New Jersey mental health team at Capitol Care can help these caregivers and other family members to find the help they need. The residential treatment plan the company offers works to provide resources and tips for those who are in need. This service can help those who are developmentally disabled or who are mentally ill. The setting is natural and therapeutic. The care is excellent. The staff is made up of interdisciplinary team members to ensure that there is always effective communication between the patient and the staff. This program has 24 our staffing and the hours can be specifically depending on your loved one's needs.
The therapeutic services offered by Capitol Care meet the needs of the individual. These services help ensure that the realistically set goals of the team help individuals to achieve the objectives they can strive for. By creating a safe environment and a supportive home for your loved one, you can become less restricted and you can move away from the effects of mental illness on your life. There is no doubt that those who are caregivers need more help and that help is available through the New Jersey mental health providers at Capitol Care. Find out what this company can offer to help improve your situation no matter how limited you may feel.
For those struggling with dependence issues or substance abuse, New Jersey has professionals that can help. Research demonstrates that individuals and families can recover though participation in outpatient care. If you or someone you love is struggling with a substance abuse or dependence issue, Capitol Care Inc., can help provide you with the resources and tools you need to regain control over your life.
The care provided by the addictions program at Capitol Care, Inc. can help anyone from any walk of life. The services are designed for the adult or adolescent who is in need of specialized care for drug or alcohol abuse or dependence. Individuals who struggle with co-occurring disorders can also utilize this program. If you or a loved one are struggling with any of these conditions and need help, contact the professionals at Capitol Care, Inc. to find out how they can help you.
One of the most common questions people have about drug and alcohol treatment is “what’s going to happen?” The program works by using specialized services to treat the substance use and underlying conditions. A comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment is completed by specialists to determine the care the individual needs. After the assessment, the specialist will recommend treatment consideringeach individuals specific needs. Program participation ranges from one hour once per week, to five hours four days per week. Treatment consists of individual, family and group sessions.
More to Know
What else should you know about this NJ addictions treatment provider?
- The company offers group sessions such as early recovery, social support, relapse prevention and family education programs
- The company also helps with other services you may need, including transportation to treatment, extended evaluation, drug testing and treatment for co-occurring disorders.
- The treatment comes from licensed and certified professionals in the industry.
- The goal of the program is to provide addiction treatment services to both the individual suffering from addiction as well as their families using evidence based treatment methods.
If you know help is needed, but are not sure what to do or where to go, Capitol Care, Inc. can meet your needs. Tto find out more and ask if this program is right for you contact the company, ask questions and find out what your options are to get started.